It works to protect you from slipping on any type of floor you have in your bathroom, and it creates a surface for you to step on when you exit the shower or bath. They are typically placed near the tub or any wet area, it is like other bamboo bathroom furniture such as bamboo shower benches.
This mat is made of bamboo which is durability and moisture-resistant properties. It is multi-use, If you are taking a shower standing, you can use this bamboo mat to stand on it to protect yourself from slipping and cold floors. It is worth having a bamboo mat in your bath because it will make your feet dry and help prevent slips and falls. The mat’s surface is typically textured to provide additional grip and traction to help keep you safe. as long as you like this mat you might also the bamboo chair mat or bamboo sushi mat.
Also, it is easy to clean it because bamboo is water-resistant. If you are interested in it and you want to have one in your bathroom so keep reading to know how to care about it because bamboo is a bit sensitive to moisture. It is also resistant to mold and mildew which makes it perfect for any wet place such as a bathroom.
How To Clean It?
You need to clean your bamboo bath mat each time you use it, it is easy to clean it. Just follow the steps below.
- Use a soft brush to remove the dirt and debris that is stuck on it.
- Bring a bucket that fits your mat size and fill it with water and mix it with mild detergent.
- Put the mat in the bucket and gently scrub it with a soft brush.
- Then rinse it with water to remove all soap and dirt around it.
If you want to avoid all the steps, You need to rinse it with water each time you use it to not let the dirt stick to it. But if you do this method and didn’t clean your mat well, you need to repeat the cleaning process a few times to fully remove the dirt and grime.
There are some people are having bamboo shower benches and they ask also if they can get wet or not, so if you are asking about that too, then you can check this article. can the bamboo shower bench get wet?
How To Dry It?
After you clean your bamboo bath mat, you need to know how to keep it dry and where to put it because bamboo is not like other wood mats. To make it dry in the right way see the steps below.
- You need to blot it with a towel to remove excess water. Or you can hang it on the clothesline or shower rod to let the air go around it which will make it dry quickly.
- Let it dry completely and you need to rotate it sometimes to dry it from all sides, this might take a few hours.
- Don’t dry it on the heat source because you make it easy to break over time.
If you don’t have where to hang it or you don’t have a place outdoors, you can put it on some window or you can blot it well with some towel and let it in your bathroom, but you need to open the windows and door to let the air to inter to it, but it will take 1 day or two days to dry.
Do Bamboo Bath Mats Get Moldy?
Yes, it can get moldy and grow bacteria if you don’t care about it. all the bath mats can get moldy not only bamboo mats, but the problem also comes in the water and moisture. you need to protect it from that. when it gets wet for a long time it can get moldy quickly, so you need to rinse it with water every time you use it and let it dry.
Do you know soap and shampoo that you use in the shower can help to grow moldy too? if you let stains of soap in your bamboo mat, it will grow moldy and also it will lose its original color, you need to rinse it with clean water to remove all soap around it.
What’s The Point Of A Bamboo Bath Mat?
Bamboo mat benefit is helping you to not slip and fall, also it does not grow mold quickly, and its fibers do not absorb water which makes it the perfect choice in the bathroom. It is providing a non-slip surface to stand on it comfortably. Also, the bamboo color adds a natural, decorative touch to a bathroom which will make your bathroom clean and elegant. The nice thing is softer and more comfortable to stand on.
Most people are loving to have environmentally friendly and biodegradable furniture at home such as bamboo mats, which makes them a perfect and fantastic choice for the home.
Can I Put Bamboo Bath Mat in The Shower?
Yes, you can put it in the shower to protect yourself from slipping because it is like bamboo shower benches, use it while you wear your clothes, use it while you take a shower, or in any activity you want to use it in because bamboo is moisture-resistant material. But you need to care about it because over time if you don’t clean it will grow the mold as other bath mats.
Are Wood Bath Mats Better Than Fabric?
Wood mats are better than fabric mats because wood mats will not absorb the water and its easy to clean, unlike other fabric mats, they can absorb the water which makes it easy to get dirty and it’s hard to clean it and its hard to be dry.
But both of them have pros and cons, let’s see them below.
- PROS: Most of them are more durable and long-lasting, and they give a romantic decor to the bathroom, unlike the fabric mats.
- CONS: They are very expensive and if you don’t care about it cleaning them each time you use them, they can get mold.
- PROS: They are more soft and comfortable for your feet, also it is easy to find the one that fits your bathroom decor, unlike wood mats, they come only in one color.
- CONS: It gets dirty quickly and produces smells, it is also more prone to mildew and bacteria growth. You need to replace it frequently when it gets wear and tear.
Thanks For Visiting Us: